INGREDIENTS: YIELD 4 SANDWICHES
16 oz Roasted Pork butt/shoulder
Diced Mire Poix (onions, carrots, celery)
Bouquet Garni (parsley, cilantro, oregano) tied with butcher twine
1 c. B. sugar
Beer (preferably a delicious Hefe)/H20
8 oz Smoked cured natural ham
8 Deli slices young Asiago or your favorite melty cheese
4 pc. Focaccia Bread
8 oz Blistered Shishito Peppers
1 shaved Red Onions
Preservation Aioli - recipe in salts/sauce section
Roasting pan/dutch oven
Bread Knife/Chef Knife
High-temp Silicon spat
Aluminum Wrapped Brick/Steak Press/Heavy Flat Bottomed rock(i.e. flagstone)
HEFEWEIZEN BREAD & BUTTER CUBANO SANDWICH
1. Roast your pork: Rub your meat with oil, salt, and pepper and let marinate for at least 30 minutes or overnight in fridge. Preheat oven 350 F. Preheat roasting pan/dutchie on medium-high with a tablespoon of oil to coat the bottom of pan. Sear pork on all sides for one minute or golden brown, caramelized, and visually stunning. Remove pork from pan and set aside. In pan add mire poix and bouqet garni. Saute until gold and delicious, deglaze with beer. Be sure to scrape the brown goodness (also known as fond) from the bottom of the pan. Don’t waste the flavor. Place pork back into roaster, and almost completely cover with water. Pinch of S & P and Brown Sugar. Cover. Bring to aboil, then place in a 350 degree oven for a minimum of 2 hours or until tender. Once pork is tender, allow to cool to room temp in liquid, to ensure moist, succulent meat. Be sure to taste the meat and make sure further seasoning is not necessary. Be sure to save/freeze stock for the Preservation X-mas recipe.
2. Blistered Shishitos: Heat cast iron on high. Toss peppers with salt and oil. Place ain skillet and turn continuously until charred. Remove and allow to cool. Remove any excess carbon from peppers. Once cool, chop finely, and reserve for sandwich construction.
3. Sandwich Construction:
· Heat skillet on medium
· Slice focaccia on its equator and spread Preservation aioli on both sides.
· Layer in this order from bottom to top or you will be deported: Mustard, roast pork, ham, cheese, PHBB Pickles, red onions, peppers, and the lid
2. Fire: Spread a gracious amount of room temperature butter on both sides of your sammie. Make sure your skillet at the proper temperature as to not burn your butter. Place top side down first, and set heavy object on top to weigh it down. Once gold and toasty, flip and repeat.
3. Consumption: This sandwich will be ooey, gooey, and violently hot. Allow to set and cool before destroying.
4. You’re Welcome